Friday 14 October 2022

Day one at sea

October 7 2022
We boarded the ship.  Always a stressful day for me as I inherited the worry gene and so want to be early, with all papers in hand.  I discovered early in the day that I had forgotten to print boarding passes...which caused me anxiety and promised to be a big problen at the boarding gate.  Fortunately, and with the use if the hotel's wifi I was able to download an app which saved our bacon!

A word on packing...I travel with a carry on and a small backpack.  Many don't believe this is possible and it is hard as many things get left behind...but I think it is worth it.  I can manage my own bags without relying on help to lift and carry and I don't bring things I would not use in any case.  It served me well this time as we ended up having to bring our cases on board ourselves.

The ship is lovely...carrying only 1900 passengers which is small by todays standards.  Our cabin is small but we have a nice véranda where we can enjoy the view and the fresh air.  

We unpacked, got settled and explored the ship.  We joined a trivia team and watched San Diego disappear in our wake as we left the USA behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment