Friday 26 October 2012

October 26....Well here we are in beautiful Roma. We had very long trip getting here almost 12 hours. The good news is we survived!

The plan ounfolded perfectly.  We took a bus to apply for that close to the bed and breakfast Paul had chosen. And found our way to a very good point bed and breakfast in an old building complete with an old fashioned cage elevator. We took a nap to help recover and then went out for a stroll. We discovered a castle within moments of the B&B and explored it.  Paul experimented with an Italian water fountain.


We have taken advantage of the incredible cafes and are enjoying incredible coffee and carb filled pastries.

I am eternally grateful for the "love notes" scarf I was given when I retired...so far today it has been a pillow, a blanket, a rain coat and a decoration...

The only down side has been my foot which continues to cause trouble...and mow with a cast is slowing me down (although I confess that I am getting some advantages from the sympathy factor-like getting through customs quickly today)

No comments:

Post a Comment